Painted Warps for Cellulose Fibers
Dates: August 18, 2021 - August 21, 2021
Cost per ticket: $425.00
Painted warps have been quite the rage for a number of years, available for not only purchase from Indie Dyers but perhaps you’ve made some yourself? But many students look past cellulose fibers such as cotton, tencel, rayon or bamboo. Painted warps can go far beyond woven scarves; think tea towels, mug rugs, rag rugs, table runners, placemats and more.
During this workshop we will begin with the basics:
- Plannings your project
- Winding the warp in preparation to dye
- Washing and mordanting your fibers
In the dye kitchen we will discuss:
- How to plan out your color placement
- How to prepare your dyes and workspace
- Various techniques to apply dye and recommended tools
Final we will return to the weaving studio to:
- Warp our looms
- Be introduced to new ways to tie on your warps for varying effects of shifting your colors in the warp
- Beaming, weaving and finishing.
Students are responsible for their own materials for class. You can bring from your stash at home or shop in our store!
All classes run 9am - 5pm unless otherwise indicated in the description above.
For class dates that are full, please feel free to call us here at the studio and have your name place on the wait list.
Sara is the owner and resident instructor of Red Stone Glen Fiber Arts Center. Many of Sara’s students praise her ability to guide students through the challenging world of color theory, specifically relating to weaving.