Weavers Winter Escape
We all dream of the opportunity to get snowed in without responsibility, gifting ourselves the time to tackle those projects you’ve been dreaming up. Stemming off of our ever popular Warp and Weave course students will have an opportunity to plan projects alongside Tom.
This 12-day course is ideal for:
- students who want to tackle projects that may require more than our 5-day course, such as coverlets
- students who are traveling great distances and want to make the most of their airline ticket
- students who want to exercise their planning, warping, weaving and finishing skills with some hand holding
- students who want to take advantage of the use of looms in our studio beyond what they have at home
The class will cover warp planning, choice of threads, setts, treadling and finishing. Warps may range from bookmarks to 60” wide giving students the advantage of more warping opportunities using a variety of yarns and weave structures. You may bring yarns from your stash at home or purchase materials from our store for your project needs.
Course will be structured as follows
- Week 1: Monday-Saturday- Course instruction and studio hours
- Sunday- Open studio without instructor
- Week 2: Monday-Friday- Course instruction and studio hours
Consider making your stay even more relaxing by staying at the onsite Ridge accommodations, no daily commute should weather turn. Please also feel free to call our office if flying or taking the train, we will pick you up if staying on-site.